If you incorporate protein shakes into your diet every day it’s easy to get tired of the same old drink. Here are three protein shake ideas that we know you’ll love.
Looking for something a little more clean? Here are our top protein powders without artificial sweeteners.
Thin Mint Protein Smoothie
If you’re like me, you can’t get enough Thin Mints when it’s Girl Scout cookie season. Here’s a delicious drink you can have all year around (without the guilt).
We’ve got to thank POPSUGAR for this one.
- 3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, tightly packed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cups ice
Birthday Cake Protein Shake
Kelley and Cricket have given us a gift with this recipe. Birthday cake anything is usually amazing…especially if it’s helping you reach your fitness goals along the away.
- 1 cup of frozen organic banana (chopped into small pieces prior to freezing)
- ¼-½ cup vanilla almond milk (adjust amount depending on desired thickness)
- 2 scoops of vanilla (no sugar) whey protein or vegan or paleo protein of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 few drops of almond extract
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles (optional- but always fun)
Banana Pudding Protein Smoothie
Losing It Daily gave us a recipe that we just had to share. Who doesn’t love banana pudding and vanilla wafers? Not exactly like Grandma used to make, but you’ll love this as a reward for finishing an intense workout.
- 1 scoop of 100 calorie vanilla protein mix (I use Designer Whey French Vanilla)
- 1 large banana
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon Sugar Free, Fat Free Vanilla Jello Pudding Mix
- 1 cup water
- whipped topping (optional)
- vanilla wafers (optional)